Please, make Your payment for the reservation of the course not later than 2 banking days before the start of the course
| On request
|| 08:30 to 17:00
|| On request
This course teaches the best practice for safe handling of seismic vessels. It focuses on practical simulator exercises, and also covers other important elements such as risk assessment, communication, acceptable conditions, etc.
The training aims to instill best industry practice through a hands-on approach using the Kongsberg 290° full-mission bridge simulator. The course can also cover key areas of seismic vessels operations, such as alongside operations, towing streamers, replenishment and refueling at sea with support vessels, emergency scenarios such as breakdown towing, etc. A variety of environmental conditions are used in simulations to give participants a realistic training scenario.
All participants gain valuable hands-on experience, including a deeper understanding of:
- safe maneuvering using ship’s engines and helm;
- natural forces (wind, current, interaction) and their effect on the behavior of ships involved in different operations;
- the importance of assessment and planning and the need for alternative plans;
- safe and effective operation management using bridge resource management tools;
- efficient bridge procedure management during RAS operations.
The course is designed for Masters, Chief Officers and Deck officers of support and seismic vessels with limited knowledge of offshore vessel operations.
The course will be conducted in English or Bahasa depending on customer's request.