Please, make Your payment for the reservation of the course not later than 2 banking days before the start of the course
| On request
|| 08:30 to 17:00
|| On request
Even today 70 – 90% of accidents are due to human factors.
The goal is to learn why these failures occur and thereby to stop them before they happen.
- Human Factors
- Communication, Perception and Assertiveness
- Stress, Complacency, Distraction and Fatique.
- Planning and Pilot Integration
- Resource Management, Decision Making, Leadership and Team Work.
- Case studies and simulator exercises as a learning tool to backup / illustrate the theory
- Bridge Team Management, as recommended in STCW 95, Section B - VIII / 2
- Give participants the theory behind above contents supplied with the use of cases and exercises.
- Use a bridge- and an engine simulator to show the theory in real life.
- Stress the participants to get them out of their comfort zone and into their growth zone stretching their social and physical comfort and achieve maximum learning.
- Teach the participants how to observe and give proper feedback to their colleagues after every simulator exercise using the CRM theory and principals.
- Make the bridge and the engine team work as one team.
Three days of theory and two days in the simulator
Maximum 6 participants
The course will be conducted in English